Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
STABLE version -- 5.0.1002.354
Wink 
The browser is a Swiss Army knife of utilities, but who can use and feel safe in a browser that is updated once a year?  Undecided
(01-26-2023, 04:32 PM)Cabus Wrote: The browser is a Swiss Army knife of utilities, but who can use and feel safe in a browser that is updated once a year?  Undecided

"normal" people do (I don't say you're not, but you fear something you should not)...I feel extremely safe with Centbrowser (using it since the beginning...everyday...at home and at work). And BTW, it was updated 3 times in less than two month  Sleepy

the fact is : there is NO danger at all.

paranoia serves Google to force users to use Chrome, which is updated nearly everyday, because they make a lot of money and can pay a lot of developers. You can't compare with Centbrowser. And more (and fast) revisions mean, mathematically, more bugs introduced ! more updates does not mean (every time) more security. Firefox era, before Chrome, was so relaxing and peaceful  Rolleyes (but thanks to chromium, we have Centbrowser !)
When you click+drag a tab out of a maximized window, and drop the tab on another monitor, it no longer maximizes automatically like it did previously. Now you have to manually maximize the new window every time you drag a tab out into a new window.
I have a request. could you please add "Create QR code" in the right click menu/context menu ?
BUT, create a QR code for the link you right clicked on (like a download button or a specific post in a forum), NOT QR code for the whole page/website.
or, you can add the an option in the QR code creator to read/create code from the last copied link.
Hello!
How is the Disable Direct Write option working? Is it working fine with the new release?
(01-26-2023, 08:09 PM)badablek Wrote: "normal" people do (I don't say you're not, but you fear something you should not)...I feel extremely safe with Centbrowser (using it since the beginning...everyday...at home and at work). And BTW, it was updated 3 times in less than two month  Sleepy

the fact is : there is NO danger at all.

paranoia serves Google to force users to use Chrome, which is updated nearly everyday, because they make a lot of money and can pay a lot of developers. You can't compare with Centbrowser. And more (and fast) revisions mean, mathematically, more bugs introduced ! more updates does not mean (every time) more security. Firefox era, before Chrome, was so relaxing and peaceful  Rolleyes (but thanks to chromium, we have Centbrowser !)
Thanks for your kind support.
(01-29-2023, 10:44 AM)Juan.T Wrote: I have a request. could you please add "Create QR code" in the right click menu/context menu ?
BUT, create a QR code for the link you right clicked on (like a download button or a specific post in a forum), NOT QR code for the whole page/website.
or, you can add the an option in the QR code creator to read/create code from the last copied link.
You may assign a Super Drag action to it in
chrome://settings/cbSuperDrag

For copied content, there are many online tools can be used.
Or just change content in the "Scan Qr Code" bubble.

(01-29-2023, 03:44 PM)Gioppy Wrote: Hello!
How is the Disable Direct Write option working? Is it working fine with the new release?
Yes, it is still working fine.
But it may cause crashes when used with MacType.
(01-28-2023, 05:29 AM)Californ1a Wrote: When you click+drag a tab out of a maximized window, and drop the tab on another monitor, it no longer maximizes automatically like it did previously. Now you have to manually maximize the new window every time you drag a tab out into a new window.
This is changed intendedly by Chromium team, as response to user requests.
(01-29-2023, 04:25 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: This is changed intendedly by Chromium team, as response to user requests.

I looked further into it but I haven't seen anywhere that was explicitly requested, though I did see some instances of people unintentionally dragging a tab out and "losing" all the other tabs because the new window maximized on top of their previous window on the same monitor. I found an extension to return this feature... yet another extension added to the pile that should just be built-in options. However, the extension only works for individual tabs, it doesn't work when you hold shift to select multiple tabs and then drag the whole group out. It would be great if Cent could provide an "auto-maximize dragged tabs" setting in the tab options rather than needing yet another extension.