Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cent Browser 1.7.6.15(for Windows) Released
@CentBrowser
Alright, i'm glad that you didn't forget about search bar, thanks, keep it up! Smile
I found two bugs. Im using portable version.

First. Button "Reset settings" in Under the hood does not work.

Two. If you check the settings: Default downloader: Save as - you can not install Chrome extensions. Extensions are downloaded to disk.
(03-06-2016, 03:36 PM)jack Wrote: I found two bugs. Im using portable version.

First. Button "Reset settings" in Under the hood does not work.

Two. If you check the settings: Default downloader: Save as - you can not install Chrome extensions. Extensions are downloaded to disk.

Thank you jack.
The first issue is not a bug, just a flaw. The "Reset settings" function in Chromium can't reset all settings, only a few of them.
This function needs an improvement.

The second issue is a bug, and we will fix it in next release.Sorry for the inconvenience.
Quote:History
[2016-02-02] v1.7.6.15 for Windows
[Bug fixes]Can't update widevine dll automatically in chrome://components
Is it possible to bring back this bug? Wink
Really liked the behavior in version 1.6.10.21.
I do not need any updates. Sometimes you have to use a slow and metered Internet connection. Downloading these updates (widevine, pnacl...) spending traffic and is impeding comfortable work.
Make optional as disabling update Flash to tab chrome://settings/otheropt or command line parameter...
(03-06-2016, 08:52 PM)NotWindbag Wrote: Is it possible to bring back this bug? Wink
Really liked the behavior in version 1.6.10.21.
I do not need any updates. Sometimes you have to use a slow and metered Internet connection. Downloading these updates (widevine, pnacl...) spending traffic and is impeding comfortable work.
Make optional as disabling update Flash to tab chrome://settings/otheropt or command line parameter...

As I remember, this component will not update automatically.
You must update it manually in chrome://components.
Also you can copy the WidevineCDM directory from chrome User Data to Cent's.
CentBrowser
Components updates are automatically checked after 6 minutes since launch Cent.
If there is a new version WidevineCdm or PNaCl, browser again load it in root of User Data.
(03-07-2016, 05:23 PM)NotWindbag Wrote: CentBrowser
Components updates are automatically checked after 6 minutes since launch Cent.
If there is a new version WidevineCdm or PNaCl, browser again load it in root of User Data.

We will add another command line "--cb-disable-components-auto-update" to prevent these components from updating automatically.
And previous command line for smart suggestion will also be changed to "--cb-disable-answers-in-suggest".
But those components are not big in size(no more than 10M), why do you dislike them auto update?
Hi!

New version when? :-) Thanks...
(03-08-2016, 05:09 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We will add another command line "--cb-disable-components-auto-update" to prevent these components from updating automatically.
And previous command line for smart suggestion will also be changed to "--cb-disable-answers-in-suggest".
Great job! Thanks!
Quote:But those components are not big in size(no more than 10M), why do you dislike them auto update?
When I work away from home, then use Cent Browser Portable on a flash drive. I have to save free space on flash drive, and web traffic (limit 200 MB/day) Shy
(03-08-2016, 06:41 PM)NotWindbag Wrote: When I work away from home, then use Cent Browser Portable on a flash drive. I have to save free space on flash drive, and web traffic (limit 200 MB/day) Shy

Well, I understand. Smile