Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
beta version (5.1.1130.26)
(03-18-2024, 04:46 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Is the browser 32-bit or 64-bit?
Please use 64-bit
And you can try its official extension?
https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail...haibnlghod
Browser is Version 5.1.1130.26 (Official Build) (64-bit) (Portable)
Seems problem "Aw,snap!" only with Mega and this version, no matter 1GB or 5GB file size is...
No need in extension Smile

Can you or someone confirm this issue?
(03-18-2024, 04:39 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We may use Chromium 124 for 5.2 version.
That would be great.
(03-18-2024, 08:50 PM)QZMTCH Wrote: no, I tried it, it still doesn't work
how to do a reload? uninstall and install again? or turn it off and on again? Tried both options, still doesn't work
I did not use the unpacked extension, but in the form of crx
and on cent 102 everything works fine for me with crx

ok, I completely forgot
I also replaced in preference file and it worked
extension manifests are also saved there when you add them from the store

When? in 2 years?

Is it possible for us to see a stable version on the 124 engine instead of this beta?
No need to pursue the latest Chromium version, there is no much difference in user experience.
(03-19-2024, 11:59 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: No need to pursue the latest Chromium version, there is no much difference in user experience.
I support you, the importance of Cent Browser is in its stability and speed on weak systems, there is no need to "drive horses", the main thing is its stable operation, thank you for this wonderful browser, I expect a stable version from you regardless of the kernel version. IMHO Wink
(03-19-2024, 11:59 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: No need to pursue the latest Chromium version, there is no much difference in user experience.
I don't agree with this
In each new version of Chromium, developers add new CSS functions and site developers are actively adding them to sites. And because of this, in older browsers these sites are shown broken, or elements are not displayed
I can’t find it right away, but I’ve come across such sites, if I see it I’ll definitely send it to you
(03-19-2024, 07:26 PM)QZMTCH Wrote: I don't agree with this
In each new version of Chromium, developers add new CSS functions and site developers are actively adding them to sites. And because of this, in older browsers these sites are shown broken, or elements are not displayed
I can’t find it right away, but I’ve come across such sites, if I see it I’ll definitely send it to you

Hi!
If some particular site developers are giddy about changing something because one browser developer has implemented it into the functionality - I don't think it's right to target those site developers. I agree with the two previous speakers in this regard.
With the frequency with which Cent is updated, which is once a year. This is not applicable... You are talking about websites here, but you also forget about extensions. If we wait a year for a new version of the browser on a new engine, during this time some extensions will begin to fail on the old engines. I switched from the 102 engine mainly only because, for example, the Checker Plus for Gmail extension stopped supporting the 102 engine. Updates should be released at least once every 6 months.
(03-20-2024, 10:31 AM)Spuner Wrote: the Checker Plus for Gmail extension stopped supporting the 102 engine
I've checked that extension, the dev for no reason used 1 function for checking that barely used for something useful anywhere else. He could simply replace it with another one.

(03-20-2024, 10:31 AM)Spuner Wrote: Updates should be released at least once every 6 months.
Let's not get delusional here, it's 30gb of code. Stability is number one priority, look how Supermium struggles, yet having 1% of Cents features. 99.99% of sites should work just fine by enabling some experimental flags, like Experimental JavaScript, Experimental WebAssembly, Future V8 VM features, Experimental Web Platform features, etc.
(03-20-2024, 01:56 AM)Cyanide Wrote: Hi!
If some particular site developers are giddy about changing something because one browser developer has implemented it into the functionality - I don't think it's right to target those site developers. I agree with the two previous speakers in this regard.
I use 102 cent, I still haven’t switched to 118 because it’s no better, and I see problems with 102
and believe me, almost all major sites will introduce new JavaScript standards and new CSS functions, and if you don’t update your browser, your site’s layout will be broken (at least)
and yes, extensions are also quite an important thing
There are more and more extensions that not only write a version, but also use the functions of new versions of the engine, and even version 118 is already becoming old
In Mouse gesture there is "Simulate Left/Right/Boss key". Is it possible to add "Enter key"?