Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release more often, but only maintenance fixes
This is a suggestion about refining release cycles of Cent Browser.

According to the History page, Cent is released once a year which also means that it may lag behind with security fixes of other browsers.

Developers could make it more secure and stable by merging (backporting) security and stability fixes to the same Chromium branch, a major release is shipped with. For example, right now the latest Cent Browser is 5.1.1130.82, based on M118 Chromium. Chromium is at M124 and contains multiple security and bug fixes compared to M118. Cent developers could take these and cherry-pick or backport to the M118 branch and release security updates with the fixes only and without any feature updates or moving to another main branch of Chromium.
Thanks for the good suggestion.
Yeah agreed !

And since you are a small staff involved in development of Cent browser, I understand why it take time to maintain and to update it regularly; but if it can help, there is another project that is also very interesting.

It's called Thorium, another browser that claimed to be the fastest browser in the world! I tested it and I can confirm that it's faster that Chrome without all the privacy issue that come with it !!! (it has some Ungoogle browser code)

Here the address of the browser: https://thorium.rocks/

And since it's an open source project, you can check out the code freely to help improving the development Cent browser but also to make Cent browser a lot faster.

I like Thorium but it lacked a feature that I have asked and also very important for me in a browser:

https://github.com/Alex313031/Thorium-Win/issues/124

I only found 2 browsers that have that feature: Cent and Vivaldi; but I found Vivaldi somewhat slow and heavy on ressource...

So hope that this message will be heard to the main developer !

Thanks !
@Mr.Bean
Thanks for your advice.