Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associate Cent with Cortana searches
Hello,

On Windows 10, despite the default browser you choose in the Settings app, searches made with Cortana in the taskbar always open in Microsoft Edge.

I recently discovered that Cortana uses the protocol "microsoft-edge:" which appears and can be changed in the Settings (Programs -> Default programs -> Choose default applications by protocol*):

[Image: Protocole_edge.png]
*Translation may not be exact

Sadly only Edge appears in the program list.

I guess associating Cent with this protocol should makes Cortana using Cent instead of Edge. Would it be possible?
(08-17-2018, 07:46 AM)SpringsTS Wrote: Hello,

On Windows 10, despite the default browser you choose in the Settings app, searches made with Cortana in the taskbar always open in Microsoft Edge.

I recently discovered that Cortana uses the protocol "microsoft-edge:" which appears and can be changed in the Settings (Programs -> Default programs -> Choose default applications by protocol*):

[Image: Protocole_edge.png]
*Translation may not be exact

Sadly only Edge appears in the program list.

I guess associating Cent with this protocol should makes Cortana using Cent instead of Edge. Would it be possible?

Not a bug in Cent, any way there is a guy created a tool to solve such a thing, it's called EdgeDeflector, plus If you hate that Cortana uses Bing search engine, you may as well need to add this Chrometana - Redirect Bing Somewhere Better extension. Good Luck!
This can't be done only by changing the associated program of microsoft-edge: protocol, because there is other special handler for Cortana search.
You may try EdgeDeflector firstly.