Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112
I am giving up on this. Cent is so far behind Chrome that I feel like it's abandoned. Besides annoying this is a security risk.
I disagree, I love staying behind,
you can open chrome too, and?
what's the difference?
only bs additions and useful flags removed,
no, thanks,
as for security, it's not a concern for simple users as most of us are,
I can be running a much older version for a while without issues
(09-17-2019, 07:02 AM)xanathon Wrote: I am giving up on this. Cent is so far behind Chrome that I feel like it's abandoned. Besides annoying this is a security risk.
Are you sure that new versions of Chromium do not add new security risks?
I do agree Cent tends to lag behind all other Chromium browsers. But aside from all the features, Cent is bug free in most cases. Slimjet is riddled with bugs. Vivaldi or Brave are in another league that comparing them would be unfair. So for daily usage, I would prefer stable than latest. That being said, I am waiting for the global media control in latest Chromium. Also the installation of PWA is a nice feature.
(09-17-2019, 07:02 AM)xanathon Wrote: I am giving up on this. Cent is so far behind Chrome that I feel like it's abandoned. Besides annoying this is a security risk.

You can install multiple browsers, and use any of them as your will.
You don't need to stick to specific one all the time.
Yeni sürüm, ne zaman?
(09-18-2019, 05:42 PM)IZZAK Wrote: Yeni sürüm, ne zaman?
Hi! Most likely the update will be available this month!
(09-17-2019, 02:56 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: You can install multiple browsers, and use any of them as your will.
You don't need to stick to specific one all the time.

You guys know this is like. The only browser that allows us to disabled DirectWrite, which is a quality of life feature many of us NEED, right?

Oh, wait, you do, we've argued this before. And for a bit you guys looked promising, and tbh I wish another browser WOULD pick up the slack.
(09-20-2019, 01:21 AM)AnakhaSilver Wrote: You guys know this is like. The only browser that allows us to disabled DirectWrite, which is a quality of life feature many of us NEED, right?

Oh, wait, you do, we've argued this before. And for a bit you guys looked promising, and tbh I wish another browser WOULD pick up the slack.

I mean you can use Chrome or other browsers temporarily if you feel the Chromium core is too old and not secure.
And switch back to Cent when we catch up.
(09-21-2019, 03:15 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: I mean you can use Chrome or other browsers temporarily if you feel the Chromium core is too old and not secure.
And switch back to Cent when we catch up.

Literally the problem is that I canNOT use something without the "disabled DirectWrite" option because otherwise I get serious migraines. So going "Just switch to other browsers!" is basically telling me you don't understand the core issue.

I use your browser because it's currently my only option outside of Firefox (which I don't use for other reasons, mainly their numerous problems that happen way too often for my taste--the recent add-ons debacle being an example of this).

It's like a wheelchair (which I use!), the "disable DirectWrite" flag. In my case, it's an accessibility feature as using ClearType never fixed a dang thing in Chrome. The font's too blurry and gives me a bad migraine, so no, I can't just switch to Chrome or other browsers until Cent catches up. It'd be like telling me to just stay home and not go anywhere because I don't have a choice in where I go and the medicine I need is no longer stocked at the one pharmacy I can access in my wheelchair.