Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112
(10-18-2019, 04:11 AM)Robbbb Wrote: Thank you for your recommendation,kinza is great
no portable version, no party..
(10-18-2019, 08:02 AM)lexa77 Wrote: Good day! I can't work without your browser... I ask you, even I beg you, tell honestly, whether there will be an update, or it is necessary to adapt to another browser? Sincerely, Alex.
Should be in this month.
(10-18-2019, 08:02 AM)lexa77 Wrote: Good day! I can't work without your browser... I ask you, even I beg you, tell honestly, whether there will be an update, or it is necessary to adapt to another browser? Sincerely, Alex.
Do not wait, but look for a new browser. This one has been writing "Maybe this month" for 3 months now. Biggrin
Since we're talking other browsers, is there one that still has the DirectWrite flag to turn off? :/
firefox
(10-19-2019, 02:47 PM)curse127 Wrote: firefox
Anything else? Firefox hates me and has consistently been a laggy mess (nevermind the past controversy RE: LGBT things and one of the people involved, which is a Big Deal to me)
(10-20-2019, 07:40 AM)corttex Wrote: Except for the option to disable DirectWrite, what are the advantages of cent browser over other chromium based browsers.

Mouse gestures. I find Cent the best among the ones I've tried those being Slimjet, Opera and Kinza.

Scrollable tab bar. AFAIK the only chromium browser with it, can't have more than 10 tabs without it.
(10-20-2019, 08:22 PM)SoLong Wrote: Mouse gestures. I find Cent the best among the ones I've tried those being Slimjet, Opera and Kinza.

Scrollable tab bar. AFAIK the only chromium browser with it, can't have more than 10 tabs without it.
Try Vivaldi - mouse gestures, much MORE customisation. Perhaps the biggest browser on the market ;-)

Directwrite in Cent Browser was the biggest deal for me, but those upgrades...
(10-20-2019, 10:21 PM)elspivo Wrote: Try Vivaldi - mouse gestures, much MORE customisation. Perhaps the biggest browser on the market ;-)

Directwrite in Cent Browser was the biggest deal for me, but those upgrades...
I've tried that one in the past but it was too sluggish for me, my pc is not very powerful so it was not a good experience.
Am gonna wait a week if there's no update I'll give Vivaldi another spin. Cent is getting old now, security and compatibility wise.
(10-20-2019, 11:26 PM)SoLong Wrote: ... Cent is getting old now, security and compatibility wise.
What security and compatibility issues did you encounter with this 'OLD' Cent browser?  
As for myself, I do not find any issue so far with this OLD browser. Is it because Chromium keep on updating so frequently that we expect other chrome-based browsers to follow suit, or are these updates really necessary?