Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112
Even a small update to bring cent to latest base chrome version would be good.
(11-05-2019, 03:56 AM)mc0134 Wrote: Even a small update to bring cent to latest base chrome version would be good.
Of course we will upgrade to Chromium 78.
(11-05-2019, 03:26 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Of course we will upgrade to Chromium 78.
When will the Chromium 100 come out? Biggrin But seriously, why not even release any beta yet? The people would understand and calm down.
(11-05-2019, 08:25 PM)dmitrah Wrote: When will the Chromium 100 come out? Biggrin
It seems to me that lagging behind the current version of Chromium will soon become a plus, on Reddit there are thousands of posts on problems in the latest versions. And yes, if you didn’t forget something, the problems with ad blockers (Manifest V3) in Chromium are already very close, or rather quite close. I don’t see that they add something really necessary, basically they cut it off on the contrary.

(11-05-2019, 08:25 PM)dmitrah Wrote: But seriously, why not even release any beta yet?
If you are interested in my opinion, then I believe that the Cent team makes initially very high demands on the quality of its work. Betas almost do not differ from release versions, mostly cosmetic flaws are corrected.
If someone believes that my opinion is affiliated and I dance to the tune of the administration, this is far from the case. You can read for example this topic https://www.centbrowser.com/forum/showth...p?tid=2499. I don’t have the task of protecting the product by any means whatsoever, I have been assigned other tasks, mainly related to the fight against spam. And I have the right to express my personal opinion.
Thanks to everyone who doesn’t ache "give us an URGENT, but better now a new version" calmly uses the current one, especially since there are no unsolvable problems in its use.

Please do not be offended if I delete messages mentioning that Chromium is already 8X, do you think that the developers are not aware of this?
And... I will also delete messages like "browser XXX better than Cent use it now" if they do not list the specific facts what is the better and why you chose browser XXX. After all, posts a detailed comparison will help the developer to draw attention to the fact that he might have missed. Thank you to everyone who was sympathetic to the difficulties in the development of probably the best fork of Chromium (of course this is my personal humble opinion).
found an identical browser with the same features as in the cent browser called 7star

Google Chrome 78.0.3904.97 Stable
(11-07-2019, 06:41 AM)Proton1983 Wrote: found an identical browser with the same features as in the cent browser called 7star

Sadly it's been 3 years since 7Star died... Rest in peace!..

While alive, it was a fairly high quality web browser...

As a memoir, only the following link remains: http://www.qixing123.com/
(11-05-2019, 03:26 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Of course we will upgrade to Chromium 78.

Hi

As a new user of Cent browser, when will you release and update using the latest Chromium 78?

Stuart
(11-07-2019, 07:47 AM)stuarttunstall Wrote: Привет

Как новый пользователь браузера Cent, когда вы будете выпускать и обновлять, используя последнюю версию Chromium 78?

Стюарт
говорить на днях
(11-06-2019, 01:30 AM)Дмитрий Сакович Wrote: It seems to me that lagging behind the current version of Chromium will soon become a plus, on Reddit there are thousands of posts on problems in the latest versions. 

You are being misleading. YES, for most if not ALL software, lagging behind the current version can be (and often is) beneficial.

BUT that's only true if you wait for a couple of minor releases after a major release then evaluate whether or not to stay ONE release behind.

So if CentBrowser were on the latest Chromium 77, your argument would be true, but we are on 74, there're no benefits, just drawbacks.