Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112
(11-09-2019, 12:11 AM)levizx Wrote: You are being misleading. YES, for most if not ALL software, lagging behind the current version can be (and often is) beneficial.

BUT that's only true if you wait for a couple of minor releases after a major release then evaluate whether or not to stay ONE release behind.

So if CentBrowser were on the latest Chromium 77, your argument would be true, but we are on 74, there're no benefits, just drawbacks.
Especially with something like this lurking and no update in sight
(11-09-2019, 12:11 AM)levizx Wrote: So if CentBrowser were on the latest Chromium 77, your argument would be true, but we are on 74, there're no benefits, just drawbacks.

If you have problems showing pages, use on a different browser. If there are no problems, why are you whining?
(11-09-2019, 08:39 AM)ahfraus Wrote: If you have problems showing pages, use on a different browser. If there are no problems, why are you whining?
I have no choice. "Use another browser" is great and all, but Firefox has always hated me nevermind the homophobia scandal a few years back (hi it's relevant to me). And other Chromium browsers don't let me disable DirectWrite, so I'm stuck.
(11-09-2019, 12:39 PM)ahfraus Wrote: You yourself are a fool, along with your invented moronic logic. Do not like the number 74, write on your forehead 78 and look in the mirror, a ram.
I guess you like having a security hole that means your browser can get hijacked, then.
when release
Look, there are people who like to think updated browser is not necessary. And there are people who knows better. Yes, Cent is definitely the best Chromium implementation but a very slow update cycle is not good for any browser. I am a huge fan of this project but the ignorant attitude from developer & moderators have left a sour taste in my mouth. I already moved to another browser & people who value security should move too. Don't come here everyday & ask when is the next update. Even if you get an update, it is going to be version 77 & then another six months, if not longer.
(11-10-2019, 11:46 AM)hemlok89 Wrote: Look, there are people who like to think updated browser is not necessary. And there are people who knows better. Yes, Cent is definitely the best Chromium implementation but a very slow update cycle is not good for any browser. I am a huge fan of this project but the ignorant attitude from developer & moderators have left a sour taste in my mouth. I already moved to another browser & people who value security should move too. Don't come here everyday & ask when is the next update. Even if you get an update, it is going to be version 77 & then another six months, if not longer.

please explain what moderators have to do with slow/fast/bad updates ??? Do you think we can magically make updates come faster in any way ?
we are the dungeon keepers, nothing less, nothing more.

@everyone, simple question : what makes you use Centbrowser ? stability ? (of course !)...Features ? (hell yes !!!)
The more cool features you have, the more time it takes to update (and it's even worst when Chrome/Chromium is deeply modified), so :
  • what would happen if the team removes all of theses great features so you can have your updates the same day as chromium ??? > you would not use CB at all
  • what would happen if the team rushes to include all the features without even trying it, making it not stable ??? > you would not use CB at all
Do you know any (really good) mathematician who can solve this impossible equation, to satisfy everybody ?

Now, your belly button is not the center of the universe (nor is mine). But because we don't think like YOU does not mean we are worst or dumber than you. Do you think you can keep a little respect to everyone ? Everybody is free to express himself, but not to insult anyone who does not agree (we call this "civilization")

YES, updates are slow. We ALL have to deal with it.
For my part, I'm also waiting (in silence) for the next update. I'd be glad to use it, exactly as I'm glad now to use an (not so) outdated version (and my house did not burnt because of that. If you think hijackers do care about us, you should think again).

And if you make your own browser, I'd be pleased to ask you for an update EVERY SINGLE DAY (if you wish)   Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
(11-10-2019, 04:48 PM)badablek Wrote: please explain what moderators have to do with slow/fast/bad updates ??? Do you think we can magically make updates come faster in any way ?
we are the dungeon keepers, nothing less, nothing more.

@everyone, simple question : what makes you use Centbrowser ? stability ? (of course !)...Features ? (hell yes !!!)
The more cool features you have, the more time it takes to update (and it's even worst when Chrome/Chromium is deeply modified), so :
  • what would happen if the team removes all of theses great features so you can have your updates the same day as chromium ??? > you would not use CB at all
  • what would happen if the team rushes to include all the features without even trying it, making it not stable ??? > you would not use CB at all
Do you know any (really good) mathematician who can solve this impossible equation, to satisfy everybody ?

Now, your belly button is not the center of the universe (nor is mine). But because we don't think like YOU does not mean we are worst or dumber than you. Do you think you can keep a little respect to everyone ? Everybody is free to express himself, but not to insult anyone who does not agree (we call this "civilization")

YES, updates are slow. We ALL have to deal with it.
For my part, I'm also waiting (in silence) for the next update. I'd be glad to use it, exactly as I'm glad now to use an (not so) outdated version (and my house did not burnt because of that. If you think hijackers do care about us, you should think again).

And if you make your own browser, I'd be pleased to ask you for an update EVERY SINGLE DAY (if you wish)   Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Read some previous interaction in this thread with another moderator & you will understand what I am talking about. No one expects Cent to be updated within a week or even a month. But almost five month is unacceptable. There are other browsers with more or less similar functionalities with Cent. And I am not talking about Vivaldi. Slimjet is overly modified with built in adblocker, download manager & is up to date. Kinza has 90% of Cent's feature including superdrag, mouse gesture, tab scroll, custom cache dir & moreso. It was updated within a few days after the security patch was released. And no my house didn't burn down either but many extensions stopped working because of four versions of delay. 

And for ETA, just tell us what is the status of next version. We will stop asking. Tell us it will be next year, we will go away for the rest of this year. Whenever someone asks, "it will be this month". The dev has been saying the same thing for last four months. He also said that in october.
(11-10-2019, 04:48 PM)badablek Wrote: And if you make your own browser, I'd be pleased to ask you for an update EVERY SINGLE DAY (if you wish)   Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
If you 're a jerk, it 's for a long time.
(11-10-2019, 04:48 PM)badablek Wrote: @everyone, simple question : what makes you use Centbrowser ?
It's the only Chromium browser that allows me to disable DirectWrite. Otherwise I'd have migrated already.

Also, we weren't asking every day until nearly six months passed.