Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
directwrite issues with 4.2.9.152
Hello,
unfortunately after the recent update font on many sites renders incorrectly for me with directwrite disabled.
So far the last version that worked flawlessly was 4.0.9.112

Do you use 32-bit or 64-bit? Because I've had no issues on 64-bit.
(04-10-2020, 06:17 PM)PavelX Wrote: Hello,
unfortunately after the recent update font on many sites renders incorrectly for me with directwrite disabled.
So far the last version that worked flawlessly was 4.0.9.112

[Image: SHrift4.1586550108.png]

4.2.9.152 х64 Very well
Well, i'm glad that it works for some of you guys, but it doesn't for me.
I'm on Win 10 x64, my cent browser is also 64-bit version.

P.S. I've tried to reinstall my browser completely, cleaned up all the user data as well, it didn't help.
Any more ideas? I really don't want to go back to 4.0.9.112, but current version looks like crap on many sites.
(04-11-2020, 06:56 AM)PavelX Wrote: Well, i'm glad that it works for some of you guys, but it doesn't for me.
I'm on Win 10 x64, my cent browser is also 64-bit version.
Try to make so:

System - Advanced Options - System Properties - Advanced - Performance - Options - Performance Options - Special Effects - smoothing screen font irregularities
(04-11-2020, 07:52 AM)ChromiumIQ Wrote: Try to make so:

System - Advanced Options - System Properties - Advanced - Performance - Options - Performance Options - Special Effects - smoothing screen font irregularities

Did you mean  Visual Effects > Smooth edges of screen fonts  ?

You're right, it helped somewhat.
I don't like any kinds of "smoothing" and anti aliasing, but i guess it's better than being broken and pixelated.

Still i would prefer to have sharp fonts everywhere, like it was with 4.0.9.112.
(04-11-2020, 08:11 AM)PavelX Wrote: Did you mean  Visual Effects > Smooth edges of screen fonts  ?

You're right, it helped somewhat.
I don't like any kinds of "smoothing" and anti aliasing, but i guess it's better than being broken and pixelated.

Still i would prefer to have sharp fonts everywhere, like it was with 4.0.9.112.
Yes.
Try to use: Font Rendering Enhancer, Advanced Font Settings
Font: Verdana
Try changing "chrome://flags/#font-src-local-matching" to "Enabled".
(04-11-2020, 08:46 AM)ChromiumIQ Wrote: Yes.
Try to use: Font Rendering Enhancer, Advanced Font Settings
Font: Verdana
This didn't help much, font still looks terrible on some sites.

(04-11-2020, 04:07 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Try changing "chrome://flags/#font-src-local-matching" to "Enabled".
Nope, didn't see any difference at all.

"Smooth edges of screen fonts" is the lesser evil so far. But i'm not so happy about the result, and will gladly try something else if you guys have more ideas.
(04-11-2020, 05:16 PM)PavelX Wrote: This didn't help much, font still looks terrible on some sites.

Give some examples of sites with bad fonts. I will check.