Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strange problem with flash player
1) To use this application in chrome you need to enable extra features in Adobe Flash. Would you like to enable the now?

2)  Couldn't write the application to the hard disk. Please verify the hard disk is available and try again.

see the images below

https://i.imgur.com/dIRKOvX.png

[Image: dIRKOvX.png]
Can you provide the URL that needs Adobe Flash?
And have you enable("Ask first") Flash in chrome://settings/content/flash?
(03-18-2021, 03:57 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Can you provide the URL that needs Adobe Flash?
And have you enable("Ask first") Flash in chrome://settings/content/flash?

see the gif image here
Yes I friend , I know that flash flayer is deprecated but still I am using it in some old applications and flash games.
Please try appending
--no-sandbox
to the browser process.
Maybe this is an issue of the website itself.
happens only in chromium based broswers

In firefox there is no analogue message
(03-23-2021, 03:48 AM)ledami Wrote: Excuse me, but Flash player was not obsolete at the end of 2020? It is that it no longer works for me at all.
In the latest Chrome/Chromium, Flash is completely removed.
But Cent is not using the latest Chrome/Chromium, so it still can load Flash.
Quote:In the latest Chrome/Chromium, Flash is completely removed.
But Cent is not using the latest Chrome/Chromium, so it still can load Flash.

which is the latest version of Chrome/Chromium that supports flash player ?
(03-29-2021, 04:01 PM)spinalgr1990 Wrote: which is the latest version of Chrome/Chromium that supports flash player ?
thanxs for the information

also found that :

Google Chrome 88 released with no Flash support, bringing an end to an era
Besides removing Flash, Google has also removed support for FTP links (ftp://) as well.

Flash reached its official end of life (EoL) on December 31, 2020, when Adobe officially stopped supporting the software. On January 12, Adobe also began blocking content from playing inside Flash, as part of its final nail in the coffin.

Google is not alone in its move to remove Flash. The decision was made together with Adobe and other browser makers such as Apple, Mozilla, and Microsoft, in 2017. Apple and Mozilla have also stopped supporting Flash, and Microsoft is scheduled to end support later this month.

Currently, according to web technology survey site W3Techs, only 2.2% of today's websites use Flash code, a number that has plummeted from a 28.5% figure recorded at the start of 2011.

Speaking at a conference in February 2018, Parisa Tabriz, Director of Engineering at Google, said the percentage of daily Chrome users who've loaded at least one page containing Flash content per day went down from around 80% in 2014 to under 8% in early 2018, a number that has most likely continued plummet since.

FTP SUPPORT IS ALSO GONE
But today's Chrome 88 release also comes with other features, deprecations, bug fixes, and security patches. One of the most important changes is the removal of support for accessing FTP links (ftp://) inside Chrome, a process that started back in Chrome 86:

Chrome 86 - FTP is still enabled by default for most users but turned off for pre-release channels (Canary and Beta) and will be experimentally turned off for one percent of stable users. In this version, you can re-enable it from the command line using either the --enable-ftp command line flag or the --enable-features=FtpProtocol flag.

Chrome 87 - FTP support will be disabled by default for fifty percent of users but can be enabled using the flags listed above.

Chrome 88 - FTP support will be disabled.

chromium blog

zdnet