Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cent Browser closes when opening a new incognito window
Hello Team,

I was delighted when I found out that the Cent browser was updated. I've been using this browser for more than 2 years, but a few months ago, I had to move to Google Chrome because many things couldn't be done because the chromium version hadn't been updated.

Yesterday I tried to reinstall Cent Browser and tried everything, but I found an error when I wanted to create a new incognito window; instead, my cent browser closed. Was there a mistake I made during the installation? Please help.
You can try backuping your data and reinstalling Cent Browser.
Exporting bookmarks in Bookmarks Button menu, exporting passwords in "Alt+F"->"More tools".
You can also send the recently generated .dmp files to centbrowser@gmail.com or support@centbrowser.com for analysis.
It is still the same. I reinstalled it. Is there anything else I can do?
(01-10-2023, 02:45 PM)pxnji Wrote: It is still the same. I reinstalled it. Is there anything else I can do?
Are there any .dmp files under directory "User Data\Crashpad\reports"?
If true you can send them to centbrowser@gmail.com, or share in your Google Drive if they are too large.
(01-15-2023, 04:25 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Are there any .dmp files under directory "User Data\Crashpad\reports"?
If true you can send them to centbrowser@gmail.com, or share in your Google Drive if they are too large.

The email was sent to centbrowser@gmail.com with .dmp files attached.
(01-17-2023, 02:28 AM)pxnji Wrote: The email was sent to centbrowser@gmail.com with .dmp files attached.
Thanks, we have received these files.
(01-20-2023, 04:50 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks, we have received these files.

I got some additional info: I tried reinstalling the cent browser again and deleted all the data I found on my device. After it is installed, I can open new incognito windows. Then, I set everything for my needs. After that, I tried to open new incognito windows again, but the issue was happening again.
(01-23-2023, 03:12 PM)pxnji Wrote: I got some additional info: I tried reinstalling the cent browser again and deleted all the data I found on my device. After it is installed, I can open new incognito windows. Then, I set everything for my needs. After that, I tried to open new incognito windows again, but the issue was happening again.
Please try unchecking "Use custom URL" in chrome://settings/cbNewTab.
Did you change it to "chrome://apps/"?
(01-24-2023, 03:53 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Please try unchecking "Use custom URL" in chrome://settings/cbNewTab.
Did you change it to "chrome://apps/"?

Yeah, I changed it to chrome://apps/>

It works after I uncheck it. I think its a bug. Thank you!
(01-25-2023, 05:54 PM)pxnji Wrote: Yeah, I changed it to chrome://apps/>

It works after I uncheck it. I think its a bug. Thank you!
Yes, it is a bug.
Will be fixed in the next version.