Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Request] Start Menu / Taskbar Remove Recently Closed.
Lightbulb 
I know this is very very small and unimportant topic and for it to be the only thing keeping me from switching from Firefox. It doesn't matter If I clear my history from the new tab page or everytime Cent Browser closes. It still retains this Start Menu and taskbar list of recently closed tabs and most visited pages. There is basically no point in clearing history when these still remain. I know you can do it manually, but who is going to do that??? Please! You would be the first chrome alternative to do this!

[Image: J2taMI8.png]
As I tested, these items will disappear if you cleared all history in the browser.Are you using portable version?
(01-23-2016, 02:14 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: As I tested, these items will disappear if you cleared all history in the browser.Are you using portable version?
  • If I manually clear history using Ctrl Shift Delete with the beginning of time option, it doesn't work.
  • If I check the clear history on exit option and then exit, it also doesn't work.
  • All of the start menu items still exist
  • And I am not on the portable version.
Then it is quite weird, we will fix it when we can reproduce.And also hope other users can test this scenario.
I don't get this, but maybe it's because Im using Start 10 by Stardock.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thank you, Schanzation.
And nice wallpaper. Biggrin
(01-30-2016, 02:37 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thank you, Schanzation.
And nice wallpaper. Biggrin

Since his particular start menu replacement has the option for the recent items context the he wouldn't.  Anyone using Windows 7 and or the start menu replacement Classic Shell will have the recently closed and most visited by default.  As if the behavior of Chrome by default. This is a known issue by lots of people, especially the privacy concerned.
Here is the solution:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...start-menu
(02-01-2016, 05:23 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Here is the solution:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...start-menu

That is NOT the solution. That only hides what programs you recently used. Not things you pinned to the start.  Anyhow, even if you hide it, it is still not removing it?  So how is that a solution?