Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downloading Videos REGARDLESS Of What Google Wants
(03-01-2023, 10:04 AM)QZMTCH Wrote: cent browser uses yt-dlp to download video with such requests
Code:
"{TOOL_PATH} -o {OUTPUT_PATH} --no-check-certificates --force-overwrites --proxy \"{PROXY_SERVER}\" --add-header \"User-Agent:{USER_AGENT}\" --add-header \"Cookie:{COOKIES}\" --merge-output-format mp4 {URL_OR_PLAYLIST}"
here the internal variables of the browser are basically, only the merging of video and audio at the end affects the file, and everything up to getting a link and other settings
here I suggested to the developer to add settings for the download using yt-dlp
https://www.centbrowser.net/en/showthrea...6#pid20826
he answered
but the loader works fine if the yt-dlp itself is updated, and now a few days ago there was a problem that nothing was downloaded from YouTube, there was an error, it was fixed, now the download is slow, and judging by the commits it has already been fixed, we are waiting for the release
while I use it for downloading separately from the yt-dlp browser, because there are scripts for downloading with different codecs and other settings, this is not enough in the browser
CentBrowser 
now the cent browser is downloading from its repository to the browser folder yt-dlp and ffmpeg
can you add checks to the browser, check if yt-dlp and ffmpeg are in the paths on the computer?
because many people have their own versions and they update them constantly, and some even automatically, and for yt-dlp their own ffmpeg assemblies, by the way, have fixes for working with yt-dlp https://github.com/yt-dlp/FFmpeg-Builds
or checking for updates not from your repository, but immediately from
https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/release...yt-dlp.exe
https://github.com/yt-dlp/FFmpeg-Builds/...64-gpl.zip
Seems there are no standalone version files for yt-dlp and ffmpeg in GitHub.
ffmpeg even has no version information inside its header.
So it still needs manual check.
(03-02-2023, 12:50 PM)osminogig Wrote: Today it was necessary to download the video, only YT-downloader did it - we draw conclusions..
(link)
What is the error code?
Sometimes it was occasional network issue and can succeed when you try again.
I was talking about programs.
Cent in this case download quickly and clearly.
It's all strange..
(03-04-2023, 01:26 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Seems there are no standalone version files for yt-dlp and ffmpeg in GitHub.
ffmpeg even has no version information inside its header.
So it still needs manual check.
 what does "standalone version files for yt-dlp and ffmpeg in GitHub" mean?
I have provided permalinks to the latest files for the same files you download from your repository.
these repositories have all versions, and yt-dlp in zip is standalone, unpacked which, when launched, is not unpacked into a temporary folder, and others
so is ffmpeg, there is a bin that I provided, and a shared one for embedding 

now YouTube is changing something again and throttling the speed, so program updates come out often and it should be better to update from the main repository, but you better know what to do
(03-13-2023, 10:49 AM)QZMTCH Wrote:  what does "standalone version files for yt-dlp and ffmpeg in GitHub" mean?
I have provided permalinks to the latest files for the same files you download from your repository.
these repositories have all versions, and yt-dlp in zip is standalone, unpacked which, when launched, is not unpacked into a temporary folder, and others
so is ffmpeg, there is a bin that I provided, and a shared one for embedding 

now YouTube is changing something again and throttling the speed, so program updates come out often and it should be better to update from the main repository, but you better know what to do
Agree, it is better to download directly from GitHub repository.
This can ensure we always get latest version.
However to do this way, we need refactor in both browser side and server side.
Another problem is that the extraction of .zip archive is not as flexible as our .exe self-extractor.
(03-13-2023, 03:02 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Agree, it is better to download directly from GitHub repository.
This can ensure we always get latest version.
However to do this way, we need refactor in both browser side and server side.
Another problem is that the extraction of .zip archive is not as flexible as our .exe self-extractor.
this only applies to ffmpeg, because yt-dlp downloads exe via a direct link, and no problem, it seems to me to unpack the zip after downloading using 7zip like this
7z x -o"Path-To-Downloads-Folder*" "Path-To-Extract-File-To*.zip"
or so using powershell
Expand-Archive C:\a.zip -DestinationPath C:\a
but ffmpeg is not so necessary to update often, but yt-dlp is necessary

Also, it's better to add a check already in the paths and available from cmd yt-dlp and ffmpeg to use them if they are the latest versions
My problem was trying to figure out a way to download a given YouTube post without all the extra adverts that Google now puts onto the posts, even for like the Red Cross posts.

I don't like excess software installed on my units for things like blocking this or that.

But I have the time to do research now, which can sometimes take hours on end and many people are at the age of having to work many hours every day just to earn a living salary and so have no time for such research.

What I am getting at is I figured out a way to watch any YouTube video with no advertisements, but I am using no special software to do that. And I am also not sure in what parts of the planet this works, because I am not living in North America, anymore.

Plus I do not want to post in public what I am doing because I am sure that Google will then plug that hole. In fact, I have very close connections with Google on the inside. I was one of the first humans to use Gmail. I was also part of a group that helped work bugs out of not only Gmail, but a few other Google products. You could find me over at Google very easily, if you recognize my strange style of writing. But Google did archive all their help platforms some years ago and so finding the older threads is not such an easy job. Since then my differences with Google management got to the stage where I hardly interact with the teams over there.

Now, back to the topic, one big deal is if you want high speed downloading. There are a few freeware products that work just fine, if you do not mind a long wait for a download to complete.

But the big problem is that once we post here what a given product or technique in coding can do, Google then blocks that. Recent laying off of workers has been some benefit to those of us who might engage in such like downloading videos from YouTube, but still there can be blocks thrown up by Google once they learn about a technique.

I don't mind sharing information, but not in public, in this particular case.

So if somebody wanted to learn about the technique I use to get around all the commercials and not using software blockers you can PM me and I will do a check here to see if I can trust you and we can then go into the situation in more detail. But I would have to ask that you do not post the information on a public platform, or we both will lose the chance to use that style.

And the reason this is related to the topic is because I can still download videos for private use only and not have the commercials and I do not use any advert blocking software, as strange as that may read. But once you learn how I do it, you'll understand. It is a rather unusual trick.
[ [ [ [ [ [ When you view that Milky Way avatar do you still feel important? ] ] ] ] ]
(03-14-2023, 11:50 PM)Kleen Wrote: And the reason this is related to the topic is because I can still download videos for private use only and not have the commercials and I do not use any advert blocking software, as strange as that may read. But once you learn how I do it, you'll understand. It is a rather unusual trick.
as far as I know google and now gives the video for download without ads on the received links in the same yt-dlp
I must confess, QZMTCH, that I have not kept up to date on such like what you have made note of. I am behind in my research on the situation because I got rather lazy back about 2 or 3 years ago when I figured out the technique I presently use. In addition, I don't really have a lot of extra time for anything in/on these video platforms unless they relate to specific research I may be engaged in at any given time and that research has not included such like you make note of. In fact, another style I didn't note in my last post was going into the registry to clean it out so as to have those trial periods repeated, but even that I haven't done too often as of late. But I will keep your post in mind for the future when I can find some time to check out that idea. Thank you for the post.
[ [ [ [ [ [ When you view that Milky Way avatar do you still feel important? ] ] ] ] ]