Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Beta version (5.3.1184.2)
#1
Release Notes:
Upgraded to Chromium 150.0.7871.250
Continued support for Win7/MV2/GDI
Added “Quick URL” feature to keyboard shortcut settings
Added automatic translation of selected text
Support for disabling extension updates
Support for switching tabs in order of use (Alt+J/Alt+Shift+J)
Support for closing the image search sidebar via right-click
Search support in multi-column bookmarks
Support for using custom text as icons of popular websites
[Bug Fix] Super Drag doesn't work on sites like ChatGPT.com
[Bug Fix] The screenshot tool could not capture certain windows

64-bit Installed Version
64-bit Portable Version

Due to database format compatibility issues, if you downgrade from version 5.3 back to version 5.2, the browser may fail to launch. In this case, download the attached file and remove the .txt extension and run the batch script to resolve the issue. (Run the batch script directly for the installed version; for the portable version, place it in the directory where chrome.exe is located.)

.txt   remove_sync_data.bat.txt (Size: 1.72 KB / Downloads: 222)

Known Issues:
1. After pinning the portable version to the taskbar, the icon may not overlap properly (you can right-click chrome.exe and select “Pin to Taskbar,” or right-click the taskbar icon of a running window and select “Pin to Taskbar”)
2. The (Minimize/Maximize/Restore) buttons are not clearly visible under the Windows 7 Aero theme
3. The position of the automatically pop-up bookmarks bar is incorrect when using vertical tabs
4. Clicking the middle mouse button on a blank area of the tab bar has no effect
Reply
#2
thank you.
Reply
#3
need a compact mode , this new ui is huge!
Reply
#4
Beta's working pretty well in limited testing. I really wish you'd fix the compact UI feature as well. I've been using Supermium lately, and their compact UI flags trim at least 16px in height, which makes a big difference on lesser resolution screens. Without it, the Chromium UI feels absurdly large in terms of how much of the screen it occupies.

They're open source, so perhaps their method could be incorporated, rather than fixing the broken feature. Cent has so many other cool features, the only reason I'm not switching back is the goofy default Chromium UI size.
Reply
#5
[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply
#6
[Image: photo-2026-09-30-17-25-34.jpg]

[Image: photo-2026-09-30-17-25-40.jpg]

Hello!
In the previous stable version (5.2.1168.83), the top-left corner of the browser window looked clean and properly aligned (as shown in image1).

However, in the new beta version (5.3.1184.2), an extra unwanted margin/padding has appeared in the top-left corner (as shown in image2).

Could you please look into this layout spacing issue and fix it in the upcoming updates?

Thank you for your hard work and for continuing to improve Cent Browser!
Reply
#7
How do I hide or disable this?

[Image: ff.jpg]
Reply
#8
Очень большая проблема, из омнибокса пропали подсказки гугла при поиске. Как это исправить?
Reply
#9
(09-30-2026, 05:38 PM)Winclub Wrote: How do I hide or disable this?

[Image: ff.jpg]

Disable Show search box in the menu on the chrome://settings/appearance page.

(09-30-2026, 11:30 PM)vfajshhs Wrote: Очень большая проблема, из омнибокса пропали подсказки гугла при поиске. Как это исправить?

Have you enabled the relevant settings in chrome://settings/syncSetup?
Reply
#10
Hi admini.
It’s been a while. Thank you for releasing the new version of the browser. I’ve been patiently waiting for it Smile

I tried using it right away, but after completing the initial setup, whenever I try to launch the browser—even with only the bare minimum of extensions enabled—it crashes. The window closes just by hovering my cursor over a button, without even clicking it.

I’ve never experienced anything like this before, so I don’t know how to handle it. I assume you’re still in the process of debugging, so I’m reporting this incident just in case.

I’d also like to express my gratitude for continuing to include the DirectWrite feature. I literally can’t live without it—my ability to use my preferred fonts depends entirely on this feature. I’d really appreciate it if you could continue to support it.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)