Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cent features are almost complete..
(04-29-2016, 01:06 AM)rpurnama83 Wrote: I've just tried the new release of CentBrowser 1.9.10.43 (portable). Thank's for CentBrowser team for realizing my request many weeks ago, but unfortunately at the end I didn't see the information like N of M, where N is the size of downloaded file, while M is the actual file size.

It will be done in "download manager bubble" feature(in the next version).
I've just tried CentBrowser 1.9.12.65 (portable), thank's to Cent developer team.. This browser features are great.
I've check the download manager, it has display the downloaded file size as well as my need, but there're 2 problems:
  1. I need information about percentage (%) beside the final downloaded size, because on large size, the information displayed not represent the actual size. Information on "bytes" more clear than "KB" or "MB" or "GB".
  2. I found a website that will open a blank page when I want to download a file. After the download in progress, this blank page still open. I hope on next release, Cent could add feature to close such blank page.
Thanks for suggestion.
1.The downloaded percentage is identified by progress bar.And if we use "bytes" as unit, the description may get very long and become less readable. (e.g.:7.5 GB = 8,053,063,680 BYTES)
2.Please tell us the URL, we will have a test. In general cases it can be closed.
(05-24-2016, 06:34 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks for suggestion.
1.The downloaded percentage is identified by progress bar.And if we use "bytes" as unit, the description may get very long and become less readable. (e.g.:7.5 GB = 8,053,063,680 BYTES)
2.Please tell us the URL, we will have a test. In general cases it can be closed.

Thank's for your response..
  1. I mean that when the download progress is finished, Cent should display percentage about final result. A 100% means that the final download size is equal to the real size; otherwise not.
  2. The site I refer to is http://www.softexia.com. On any download link, it will open a blank page to start a download progress.
There are 2 (two) other problems I found:
  1. Often when I sign-in to Facebook, I can't download video through KeepVid (by clicking the down-arrow when hovering mouse pointer on the video). The message displayed on KeepVid page is such this: "Please sign in to Facebook to start join and connected with your partner, family, and the one you know".
  2. This problem is occur when a download process is in progress and the network is suddenly disconnected. On this case, the download manager still try to download but the speed is 0 (zero) kb/s. The problem is when the network is connected again, the download manager stops the download process and displays that the download progress is completed (the size displayed is the same as acual size), but when I check on disk, the file size is different to it's actual size.
I think it is a good idea that the Cent's download manager has the capability to limit the download process up to, let say, only 3 (three) active download process at a time. This is aimed to keep the stability of download process and to get the highest download speed.
It would be useful to show the download speed when you hover the mouse on an item of the shelf bar
(06-21-2016, 02:01 AM)rpurnama83 Wrote: I think it is a good idea that the Cent's download manager has the capability to limit the download process up to, let say, only 3 (three) active download process at a time. This is aimed to keep the stability of download process and to get the highest download speed.

Nice suggestion.But we recommend using an external downloader to increase download speed.
(BitComet, IDM, FDM, etc)
(06-21-2016, 04:22 PM)lator Wrote: It would be useful to show the download speed when you hover the mouse on an item of the shelf bar

It is already shown in the download bubble window.
For the shelf bar, should it be shown as a label(inside the item view), or a tooltip?
Inside the item view it should be perfect, but Imho there isn't enough space. So, as a tooltip (when you hover the mouse) it should be the only solution