Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cent features are almost complete..
(09-30-2016, 04:46 PM)CentBrowser Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 09:11 PM)CaryF Wrote: Is there any chance you'd be willing to make your native downloader toolbar icon movable in the future?  I'd like to be able to drag it around in the toolbar to suit my personal taste.
Sorry if this has already been covered.   Thanks in advance.

C

Do you mean dragging the download icon to change its order on the toolbar?

Yes indeed.  :-)
(09-30-2016, 07:24 PM)CaryF Wrote: Yes indeed.  :-)

OK, we will consider your suggestion in future versions. Shy
(10-01-2016, 04:41 PM)CentBrowser Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 07:24 PM)CaryF Wrote: Yes indeed.  :-)

OK, we will consider your suggestion in future versions. Shy

I suppose that might make it seem like a mere extension rather than a hard feature, so I would understand any reluctance.
Agree. Would be really nice to see that implemented Smile
OK, we will have a look into this feature.
Thank's for the great development of this web browser.
I'm still waiting for improvement of the download manager display style.
(02-23-2017, 01:45 AM)rpurnama83 Wrote: Thank's for the great development of this web browser.
I'm still waiting for improvement of the download manager display style.

Do you mean grid style mentioned in #32
(02-23-2017, 05:20 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Do you mean grid style mentioned in #32

Yes, to reduce the usage of space.
The Chrome built-in session manager has an interesting feature that I have not found in any extension. It consists in the restoration of open WINDOWS along with all the tabs in them after the browser was shut down incorrectly.

Whether it is possible to carry out this function somewhere in the settings menu, for example so:
At start, open:
- new tab
- specified pages
- previously opened tabs
- previously opened tabs AND WINDOWS
But for this we need a function to correctly close the browser along with all the windows in one click.

I know that you are maybe already tired of such requests, but not so long ago, after several years of working with Cent, I decided to see how other Chrome browsers develop, see their features and I wanted to share my thoughts about some of them.

I read somewhere that human attention can focus simultaneously only on a small area of the screen, which can be outlined by a square on a monitor. Therefore, most of the space of web pages on the sides on widescreen monitors remains to us not visible, and jumping glance back and forth we are distracted from the main content of the page. You could have noticed it yourself. Therefore, the question arises: how can this space be used effectively? The answer is the side panels. There are several Chrome browsers that have gone this route, transferring tabs, bookmarks and other functions to the sides of the screen, thereby saving space vertically for the web page.

Kinza browser went on the way of borrowing features from other browsers. It is possible to move tabs left or right. In the sidebar there is so far only the bookmarks manager, the history and, the most unique, the RSS client. RSS client is not very functional but very convenient, the news opens in 2 clicks without having to switch from one tab to another, you can try it yourself. This is more convenient than using rss extensions. There is also a button for adding an rss channel in the omnibox.

[Image: 10688595.jpg]

-- You can not add your own buttons to the panel, so the functionality is limited.

In Vivaldi they simply try to return the functions of the old Opera, incidentally bringing something of their own, with varying success. Great customization capabilities, tabs can also be moved sideways or down the page; there is a sidebar too. In the sidebar, in addition to bookmarks, downloads, history, there are notes to which you can attach files, page screenshots, etc. Very useful and convenient thing.

Another function is to add your web panel. With its help, you can actually split the screen into two. Open chats in it, etc. Not without flaws. For example, you can not align each page from both sides to the width of the screen, you have to scroll them with bottom scroll bar. There's no way to open the link FROM the left panel on the right side of the screen - the link opens either IN THE LEFT panel when you click the link normally or in the background tab when you click middle mouse button. Such a function would be useful for viewing some lists in the left panel. You click on the link in the list with some shortcut pressed and it opens to the right, click the next and same.

[Image: 10688597.jpg]

-- With the exception of web panels, you can not add your panels, so the functionality is also limited.

In Opera browser, its sidebar has been around for a long time. Its main advantage is the ability to install the usual EXTENSIONS for it, thereby potentially greatly expanding its functionality. As far as I can remember, most extensions can be converted to panel extensions manually, and vice versa. I converted V7 Notes extension for the sidebar into the usual extension, because it was very unique and necessary for me when i switched to Cent.

[Image: 10688596.jpg]

What can I say in summation? After reviewing the functions of competitors, would I like to see the sidebar panels in Cent? 
Yes. The main goal is to have available functions in one click, a minimum take with switching tabs, maximum use of available space for widescreen monitors. 
How do I see it? 
There are 3 options.

1) Either with built-in functionality in the form of a history panel, downloads panel, bookmarks panel, session manager, web panel, RSS client, email client, etc., but it's probably too fatty from me  Blush
2) Simply the backbone with the ability to add functionality by installing extensions for it by the users themselves.
3) Both options at once.
4) No panels for you, go away.

The old bookmarks panel in Cent was ugly and non useful (no offense), maybe this post will change your mind about panels/side panels and give you some ideas.
(05-27-2017, 07:21 PM)Lichtenshtein Wrote: The Chrome built-in session manager has an interesting feature that I have not found in any extension. It consists in the restoration of open WINDOWS along with all the tabs in them after the browser was shut down incorrectly.

Whether it is possible to carry out this function somewhere in the settings menu, for example so:
At start, open:
- new tab
- specified pages
- previously opened tabs
- previously opened tabs AND WINDOWS
But for this we need a function to correctly close the browser along with all the windows in one click.

I know that you are maybe already tired of such requests, but not so long ago, after several years of working with Cent, I decided to see how other Chrome browsers develop, see their features and I wanted to share my thoughts about some of them.

I read somewhere that human attention can focus simultaneously only on a small area of the screen, which can be outlined by a square on a monitor. Therefore, most of the space of web pages on the sides on widescreen monitors remains to us not visible, and jumping glance back and forth we are distracted from the main content of the page. You could have noticed it yourself. Therefore, the question arises: how can this space be used effectively? The answer is the side panels. There are several Chrome browsers that have gone this route, transferring tabs, bookmarks and other functions to the sides of the screen, thereby saving space vertically for the web page.

Kinza browser went on the way of borrowing features from other browsers. It is possible to move tabs left or right. In the sidebar there is so far only the bookmarks manager, the history and, the most unique, the RSS client. RSS client is not very functional but very convenient, the news opens in 2 clicks without having to switch from one tab to another, you can try it yourself. This is more convenient than using rss extensions. There is also a button for adding an rss channel in the omnibox.

[Image: 10688595.jpg]

-- You can not add your own buttons to the panel, so the functionality is limited.

In Vivaldi they simply try to return the functions of the old Opera, incidentally bringing something of their own, with varying success. Great customization capabilities, tabs can also be moved sideways or down the page; there is a sidebar too. In the sidebar, in addition to bookmarks, downloads, history, there are notes to which you can attach files, page screenshots, etc. Very useful and convenient thing.

Another function is to add your web panel. With its help, you can actually split the screen into two. Open chats in it, etc. Not without flaws. For example, you can not align each page from both sides to the width of the screen, you have to scroll them with bottom scroll bar. There's no way to open the link FROM the left panel on the right side of the screen - the link opens either IN THE LEFT panel when you click the link normally or in the background tab when you click middle mouse button. Such a function would be useful for viewing some lists in the left panel. You click on the link in the list with some shortcut pressed and it opens to the right, click the next and same.

[Image: 10688597.jpg]

-- With the exception of web panels, you can not add your panels, so the functionality is also limited.

In Opera browser, its sidebar has been around for a long time. Its main advantage is the ability to install the usual EXTENSIONS for it, thereby potentially greatly expanding its functionality. As far as I can remember, most extensions can be converted to panel extensions manually, and vice versa. I converted V7 Notes extension for the sidebar into the usual extension, because it was very unique and necessary for me when i switched to Cent.

[Image: 10688596.jpg]

What can I say in summation? After reviewing the functions of competitors, would I like to see the sidebar panels in Cent? 
Yes. The main goal is to have available functions in one click, a minimum take with switching tabs, maximum use of available space for widescreen monitors. 
How do I see it? 
There are 3 options.

1) Either with built-in functionality in the form of a history panel, downloads panel, bookmarks panel, session manager, web panel, RSS client, email client, etc., but it's probably too fatty from me  Blush
2) Simply the backbone with the ability to add functionality by installing extensions for it by the users themselves.
3) Both options at once.
4) No panels for you, go away.

The old bookmarks panel in Cent was ugly and non useful (no offense), maybe this post will change your mind about panels/side panels and give you some ideas.

Thanks for your elaborate suggestion.
We are also preparing for redesign of sidebar panel.
What functionality do you most want to see in the sidebar panel?