Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cent features are almost complete..
(05-28-2017, 07:06 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks for your elaborate suggestion.
We are also preparing for redesign of sidebar panel.
What functionality do you most want to see in the sidebar panel?

Downloads, Mute all tabs and other icons (except menu button) not related to extensions can be moved from the extension panel to the sidebar. After the flag --force-fieldtrials=*ExtensionActionRedesign/Disabled became useless, with a lot of installed extensions there became too much icons on the extension panel. This way we can free up some space on it by moving the icons to the sidebar.

I myself would like to see the same thing as in competing browsers, I like how sidebar functions are implemented in them. The main ones are the history panel, the downloads panel, the bookmarks.

Of course I would like more functions: web-panels like in Vivaldi; Notes as in Vivaldi; RSS client as in Kinza; Quick access panel for extensions, where you can quickly turn them off/on; A sessions panel with a history of browser sessions; Something else ... Some of this functions already implemented as extensions for the sidebar in the Opera browser, so it's probably inadvisable to create these functions from scratch, it's easier to make support for installing extensions for the sidebar.
(05-29-2017, 05:02 PM)Lichtenshtein Wrote: Downloads, Mute all tabs and other icons (except menu button) not related to extensions can be moved from the extension panel to the sidebar. After the flag --force-fieldtrials=*ExtensionActionRedesign/Disabled became useless, with a lot of installed extensions there became too much icons on the extension panel. This way we can free up some space on it by moving the icons to the sidebar.

I myself would like to see the same thing as in competing browsers, I like how sidebar functions are implemented in them. The main ones are the history panel, the downloads panel, the bookmarks.

Of course I would like more functions: web-panels like in Vivaldi; Notes as in Vivaldi; RSS client as in Kinza; Quick access panel for extensions, where you can quickly turn them off/on; A sessions panel with a history of browser sessions; Something else ... Some of this functions already implemented as extensions for the sidebar in the Opera browser, so it's probably inadvisable to create these functions from scratch, it's easier to make support for installing extensions for the sidebar.

OK, we will consider your suggestion.
Hello.
If you decide to make the side panel, then provide a possibility of its shutdown. I do not need squint. Placement of tabs on the side panel is not represented convenient. Quite there is enough panel of tabs and the dropping-out lists. It is not enough to hold fans opened more than 100 tabs, you should not make heavier the browser for the sake of this category of users, also concerns fans of a large number of expansions. Why to do a brake of the browser. You have the correct policy if there is an expansion, then let the user will deliver them. To satisfy all wishes of each user is not reasonable.
(07-13-2017, 05:49 PM)GoodUser Wrote: Hello.
If you decide to make the side panel, then provide a possibility of its shutdown. I do not need squint. Placement of tabs on the side panel is not represented convenient. Quite there is enough panel of tabs and the dropping-out lists. It is not enough to hold fans opened more than 100 tabs, you should not make heavier the browser for the sake of this category of users, also concerns fans of a large number of expansions. Why to do a brake of the browser. You have the correct policy if there is an expansion, then let the user will deliver them. To satisfy all wishes of each user is not reasonable.

some kind of "déjà vu" in this thread, so pathetically funny  Rolleyes

back in time : https://www.centbrowser.com/forum/showth...75#pid6475
Is it my turn now ?

Quote:The message is addressed GoodUser. Let gives arguments for the crying.

Yes, his wishes and desires are necessary to not everyone.

To you there are no questions.

The fact you don't see the benefits of this feature does not mean everybody is thinking the same   Dodgy
Does it remember you anything ? (totally rhetorical question)

some people seem to have a really really short memory (not me). You made my day, really ! Thank you so much for those laughing moments. That was "finger licking good"
[Image: S9wKVnl8.png]
and I can't leave this thread without linking this too : https://www.centbrowser.com/forum/showth...71#pid6771
Don't even waste your precious time to answer anything, I don't care at all and won't read, but I couldn't shut my mouth this time.

(for everybody's understanding, I only asked CB team to KEEP existing features like non material design, I never asked to ADD features. There was no reason at all to spit on my face)

END of off-topic, I already waste too much of my time.

To all those sharing their ideas for new features, just one word : thank you !
this is what makes CentBrowser so powerful and useful !
It will be quite justified to be suitable for BADABLEK not Super Moderator, but Super the Idiot more. The conclusion is drawn on the basis of his message, as always nothing on a subject.
You don't have enough mind that to bite me.
Quote:Another function is to add your web panel. With its help, you can actually split the screen into two. Open chats in it, etc. Not without flaws. For example, you can not align each page from both sides to the width of the screen, you have to scroll them with bottom scroll bar. There's no way to open the link FROM the left panel on the right side of the screen - the link opens either IN THE LEFT panel when you click the link normally or in the background tab when you click middle mouse button. Such a function would be useful for viewing some lists in the left panel. You click on the link in the list with some shortcut pressed and it opens to the right, click the next and same.

Huh, Whale browser did it. Video.
There was version 2.8.3.34 beta. What in her new and what changes have happened in comparison with the last version the user doesn't know.
There is an offer to enter the section "News" on the homepage of the browser. In her to reflect novelties in new versions of the browser and other news.
Yep, it would be great to have for each new beta version an own thread.
Development of the Show/hide function.
There is an offer to apply the Show/hide function to the side panel of bookmarks. Now she automatically opens when moving the cursor to the left edge of a window and his keeping during a certain period. To add with action if to move the cursor out of borders of the field of a side window, then the side panel is closed.
The same principle can be applied to the button of display of tabs which are in the hidden dropping-out list. Have guided the cursor at this button, we hold a certain period, the list of tabs drops out. Have moved the cursor out of borders of the field of the list, it was closed.
In other browsers of such functions I didn't notice. Let it will be your company feature.
To good quickly you get used. It becomes not really convenient to work on other browsers after CentBrowser.
Thanks.
[Image: 00509373f735t.jpg]
(08-12-2017, 04:26 PM)GoodUser Wrote: Development of the Show/hide function.
There is an offer to apply the Show/hide function to the side panel of bookmarks. Now she automatically opens when moving the cursor to the left edge of a window and his keeping during a certain period. To add with action if to move the cursor out of borders of the field of a side window, then the side panel is closed.
The same principle can be applied to the button of display of tabs which are in the hidden dropping-out list. Have guided the cursor at this button, we hold a certain period, the list of tabs drops out. Have moved the cursor out of borders of the field of the list, it was closed.
In other browsers of such functions I didn't notice. Let it will be your company feature.
To good quickly you get used. It becomes not really convenient to work on other browsers after CentBrowser.
Thanks.
[Image: 00509373f735t.jpg]

Nice suggestion.
But we think it is not convenient to move cursor onto such little button.
Maybe the more convenient way is using shortcuts.